Sunday, July 13, 2008

ironic??? I doubt it...

The title for my daily devotion today was: PRAYING PATIENTLY
It struck such a chord in my heart that I felt I had to put it here.
Psalm 37:7 Rest in the Lord, and patiently wait for Him.
Today's devotion was written by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman.
Have you ever prayed and prayed and waited and waited, and still there is no manifestation? Are you tired of seeing nothing move? Are you just at the point of giving it all up? Perhaps you have not waited in the right way.
"With patience wait" (Romans 8:25). Patience takes away worry. He said He would come, and His promise is equal to His presence. Patience takes away our weeping. Why feel sad and despondant? He knows your need better than you do, and His purpose in waiting is to bring glory out of it all. Patience takes away self-works. The work He desires is that you 'believe' (John 6:29), and when you believe, you may then know that all is well. Patience takes away all want. Your desire for the thing you wish is perhaps stronger than your desire for the will of God to be fulfilled in its arrival.
Patience takes away all weakening. Instead of having the delaying time, a time of letting go, know that God is getting a larger supply ready and must get you ready, too. Patience takes away all wobbling. "Made me stand upon my standing" (Daniel 8:18, margin). God's foundations are steady; and when His patience is within, we are steady while we wait. Patience gives worship. A praiseful patience sometimes "longsuffering with joyfulness" (Collosians 1:11) is the best part of it all. "Let (all these phases of) patience have her perfect work" (James 1:4), while you wait, and you will find great enrichment.
What do you think???
This is what I think...so far anyway...

I decided to read the book of James again... one thing that is standing out to me is this:
While I am in middle of struggles in my life I need to remember that God is using all my struggles to help me grow. My struggles are not random and pointless circumstance. God is using all of it....to grow my faith in HIM.I want my heart to be fueled by faith. That means I need to learn to be patient...in a more God-like fashion....now all I have to do is figure out how....

1 comment:

Truders said...

I'm right beside you sister in being patient. There are times we wonder where God is at in our wait for the direction He wants us to go. Thanks for sharing that devotion. It spoke to my heart.