Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What am I doing anyway??

sometimes it is very difficult being the mom.
How do you deal with a moody teenager who half the time wants to be your friend and the other half wants to pretend you don't exist.
How do you deal with a step-daughter whom you have always thought of as your own but when hard times roll, she wants nothing to do with you.
How do you deal with a child who has a serious medical problem. The resolution to the problem depends almost completely on your ability to really KNOW how he is feeling every moment of every day, but even on the worst days of all he says he is good.
How do you deal with your sweet 7 year old boy whose heart is so tender that the littlest thing reduces him to tears and he never wants you to leave his sight.
How do you deal with a 7 year old girl who insists on competing relentlessly with a brother who is not competitive in the least.
How do you deal with a 5 year old who clearly has problems no one understands, and the last thing you want to do is use medication but that is exactly what you must do just to get some peace.
How do you deal with all that and a whole lot more?????
Prayer? I know, I do....seems like more of my day is spent on my knees even if that occurs in my head while doing the mundane daily chores of taking care of a family this size. It seems as though I am constantly in conversation with God. You know what I really wish? I wish I could actually hear God answer me back. I read these books, the author makes her stories so real in these stories, God "whispers across the heart" of the characters just when they need to hear. I want that. I am not losing faith, don't misunderstand. I see answers in the little things, sometimes. Then there are days when I have to be honest, its all a bit overwhelming. I am not complaining, this is exactly the life I dreamed of. A home with a husband and lots of children....I just have these moments when I wonder....What am I doing anyway???
Does anyone else out there ever feel like that???

1 comment:

Lori Eilers said...

Oh my friend...you are a wonderful mom and God knows your heart better than anyone. You are right to take it all to the Lord. Sometimes though you need a human ear. Call anytime!!