Saturday, October 13, 2007

strep throat and a little stress...

We have been preparing for our trip to the Hospital. I have been trying to get things here at home set up so Scott wont have too much trouble while I am gone. Elijah seems to be struggling a bit more than usual with the idea of me taking off without him. I have made a few special bags of goodies for him to open when he is feeling blue. Dominique has picked out one of his favorite shirts for Elijah to wear in case he needs it. I think he will be ok. I just hate that he gets so sad. Please pray for him...
Of course things had to get a bit rough. Scott wasn't feeling very well yesterday so after dinner I made him go in to the walk in clinic and he has strep! I put him under quarentine...We cannot have Isaiah get sick!
I cannot mention enough how wonderfully supportive and loving people are towards Isaiah. Our guidance counselor from school came by Friday with a special goodie bag for Isaiah. He was so excited about all the cool things inside, but of course the very best was the new lego star wars ship! He is very excited to begin the build! Thank You Ms. Glaesner!! And everyone who helped fill the bag. He has been very generous and is sharing some of the goodies with the rest of us.
I am very excited, my brother works for an apartment company here in the Des Moines area. He called the owner of the company and told him about our situation and the high cost of hotels. We are so blessed! The company is giving us a corporate apartment (fully furnished and functioning) for the entire time we will be up there. At NO CHARGE! What a blessing this is in so many different ways...obviously, free is a huge blessing, but the safety and comforts of being in a home setting, wow! also having a fully functioning kitchen, oh my goodness! Any one who knos me knows how important THAT is!
Many blessing surround this trip. Whether that means we will get good news this time or it just means we are blessed...I don't know, but either way...I am thankful!
So, Monday morning we check into Children's hospital and have all his testing done. Then we will be meeting one of the neatest doctors in the entire world for a donut! Dr. Heather is a whole other story....she is great and we get to see her! YEAH!
Tuesday, we will meet with the team of docs and learn what comes next...We still have time for a healing miracle, so if you think of it while already on your knees...:)
Tuesday afternoon, we are going to do a campus visit with Dominique to a school he is considering. Whew! Then depending on what we learn in our team meeting, we should be headed home Tuesday afternoon with a plan.
I will have Philip's lap top with me, however, I don't know if I will actually be able to use it at the apartment. We will see. Many thank you go out to everyone for all the prayers, love and support. Please keep checking in to see what we know. Until then....I pray blessings your way too!

1 comment:

Truders said...

We will be praying for ALL of you ~Scott at home and you at the hospital with Isaish. We know you'll be fine. God is watching over you already. We love you.