Monday, October 15, 2007

sedation...tears...and a chocolate donut....

Isaiah had a rough day....he is having issues with his veins lately, when they poke him the veins disappear...poor guy, they did get an IV going after a bit of trying. I hate what the sedation does to him, it seems that each time his reaction is worse. I have never seen anything like today when he came into recovery he was screaming and violently thrashing around. Totally incoherent and inconsolable. It took him a long time to come out of it too. He was weak and sick feeling all day. AND to top it off is a bit on the grouchy side too.
After lots of tears and craziness we finally were on our way to a quaint little bakery slash cyber cafe to meet Dr. Heather for a donut. It was so good to see her she looks great and is nearing the end of her residency. what a busy but exciting life she has. I could have sat and chatted all night long. Dr. Heather so sweet. Our visit ended so the boys could get off to the MOA. We promised to keep in touch and visit on our next trip. I told her the Des Moines area could always use great pediatricians....I could give her a little business....LOL
We walked in the MOA for a while, mostly browsing...Isaiah spent the last of his money on (I know this will shock you all) a Limited Edition Lego Star Wars ship. He is building as I write...we didn't stay long as his legs were weak and he just doesn't feel very good.
We came back to the apartment and made some dinner. time to relax and gather my thoughts and prayers for tomorrows appointments. I am not really sure if very many people read this, if you have spent time visiting, thank you for your prayers. More tomorrow...
Oh! By the way, Elijah is doing GREAT!!!! He is enjoying his time with his daddy!

1 comment:

Lori Eilers said...

I'll keep praying! Happy Birthday! Tell Isaiah I'm so proud of him...I know it isn't easy and he's so brave. Can't wait to see the new Star Wars stuff.