Thursday, August 16, 2007

This and That

Life has been full to the brim and over flowing at Albers & Company....
1. After much discussion and debate and prayer, we have decided that the best thing for Madison (and my sanity) this year would be for her to return to school full time. It was a struggle for me to make this decision and I still have moments of uncertainty, but we took a tour of the building and introduced her to Mr. Steffen, her principal this morning. Tomorrow we will be having our final IEP meeting to confirm all decisions and get her schedule set. From there we will be heading over to the high school to walk through her schedule and meet her teachers.
2. We baked cookies for the teachers at Runnells this week and took them up to the school. Actually we made 2 trips to the school, trip #1 we found the doors locked. Trip #2 we were able to get in and deliver the container of cookies to our amazing teachers! I hope they enjoyed them, it is the least we can do to help the first week back a little sweeter!
3. Amanda is still here visiting, its like having another Madison in the house. They both talk fast and never stop!!! ;) I wont know what to do when she goes back home and Madison is in school all day.....I am not real sure I remember what quiet sounds like....
4. Amanda has enjoyed Wednesday night church for the last couple weeks. She has been asking Philip lots of questions, which I believe is good for both of them!
5. Isaiah had his friend Wade come over to hang out this week. I am teling you what....it did this mothers heart good to hear him chattering away and laughing with his good friend. I found myself praying they would stay friends for their life times....would that be the neatest thing??? Life long friends are hard to find.
6. Elijah also had a friend over to play this week, it struck me that he is growing up so quickly....listening to them talk about what they did all summer and the things they like to do for fun....yes, I admit I am a bit sappy and got misty eyed.
7. As I write this my Elijah is at his VERY FIRST friend sleep over!!!! For those of you who know him I know you are amazed at the thought! Although the night is still young....he went prepared, Blankey is hiding in his back pack! He was so cute, he packed first thing this morning and parked himself at the front window an hour and half before they arrived to pick him up. I hope he is having a ball of fun! My boys are growing up!!
8. As previously blogged Dominique had his senior pictures taken Tuesday (by the best photographer I have ever met.) That too brought mist to my eyes. What is wrong with me???? I must be getting old!
9. Dominique and I will be meeting with an admissions counselor at Grand View College next week to talk about future options. maybe they will have better luck convincing him that a college education is a great thing to have in ADDITION to fulfilling his dreams of traveling the country playing drums in a band....I know...this has been hard for me. I do believe in his dreams, and believe it or not I even support his dreams of fame and stardome. BUT I also believe in education, he is so talented and smart there is nothing stopping him from having it all!
10. Noah was able to come home from the hospital for a couple days this week. He is handling the chemo like a champ. His Mom is one of the bravest (is that a word??) ladies I know! They headed back up to Mayo today I believe...maybe it was yesterday.
11. Isaiah is going to be home schooled this year but we will be spending time at the school too. He is excited because we will be studying Ancient Egyptt and he wants to mumify a chicken. And thanks to the EXTREME encouragement and amusement from Mrs. Goode, he is looking for fresh road kill too! Please pray for me...that is all I have to say about mummies for now. keep an eye out I am sure it wont be the last you'll hear on the subject! I can't tell you how blessed we are to have such loving teachers at our school. They all love him and want what ever is best for him. It will be a good year for him I think! If we could only figure out WHEN we have to have surgery then I would feel better. I kow one thing at a time, and in this family we never do things one at a time!
12. As most of you know Scott was in the hospital with Kidney stones this month.....can I tell you I may be in the hospital for other reasons if he doesn't relax about what is in eery thing he eats! He is making me a little crazy!
13. Sadly we wont be able to go to the fair this year, ok, so I am not as sad as Scott. I just like going places without all the kids!
14. Isaiah just may have broken out of his obsession with Legos Star Wars and expanded it to include all legos builind kits. He is well on his way to the next $100 mark I see a trip to Toys R Us in the very near future.
15. Sam has been diligently working on his birthday wish list. He will be 5 on August 29th.
16. Amaris is also working on her list but has had some help from her big sis and cousin Amanda...her 7th birthday will be August 31. I am thinking about taking her to Libby Lous and getting her ears pierced....we will see!
17. I have finally made all the school supply purchases I need, and out of 6 kids half are ready for the first day of school......Amaris got her clothes from Abby's Attic, Elijah got a new pair of sneakers and camo shirt, Madison got new sneakers and people give her clothes all the time, she is so thin all her friends give her their clothes and most of them look brand new! Isaha has not gotten anything yet, Sam is not in school yet and really doesn't need anything right now. Dominique???? Well, he is 17 and thinks the only way to buy clothes is off the internet. So, he doesn't have any yet either!
18. So, as you can see, we have been very busy! In between all those happenings I have managed to cook, clean and BLOG!
19 Oh! I almost forgot, I am still waiting for the proof of senior pics to be posted and I can hardly Stand It! I am very excited to see them!
That is al for now.....

1 comment:

Lori Eilers said...

After reading all that...I need a nap! You always amaze me Angela. Can't wait to see you all!