Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bad hair day


So, yesterday morning Dominique called me from his friends house. He had spent the night over there. May I go back and preface this by saying his senior pictures are scheduled for Tuesday evening...next week. That said....He says to me, "mom please don't be mad. (can I say that this mother cringes every time one of my kids begins a conversation with 'Mom don't be mad'...) But you know my friend Scott? Well, last night he wanted to straighten my hair, I told him no I don't want to mess up my hair because I am having my senior pictures done next week. Scott told me if I didn't like it it was reversible and he could make it go right back to the way it was before. Then he said it was just like if I used a hot iron like Madison uses on her hair. I told him I really didn't want to. Then he told me if I let him he would buy me dinner. I was hungry so I let him...but I have washed it like 4 times and it wont go back! I don't know what to do."

To which I replied,"Son you need to come home so I can help you figure out what is going on."

When he arrived home he had a hat on and his hair was partially straight and partially frizzy. I tried washing it with dish soap, called several places to see what we could do. But since his goofey friend used a permanent hair relaxer, and did not follow directions....we had to make a trip to a salon....I even tried to call Joslyn in Maryland (his Godmother), Lisa in Florida (his step-mother), and my sister in NJ (who is a beautician). No one was answering their phones!
We arrived at the salon at 3:25 they were ready and waiting for us, the ladies were so kind and felt so bad for him. By 5:10 when we were leaving the salon we had a plan. see if he can live with the cut he got and if not she will fix it again before pictures on Tuesday.
I am so upset! What a dirty rotten trick to play on a friend! He believes it was innocent and a mistake....I believe his friend knew exactly what he was doing....ARGH!!!!!
If only they could have waited until after senior pictures!
I wanted to take a picture but I felt so sorry for him I didn't have the heart to. I can't even begin to describe how upset my boy was! Then just as he was comfortable enough so he could go to church....it began to pour down rain as soon as we stepped out of the door. Which totally undid all the work they had done! So, the hat went back on and off to church he went for band practice.....

No comments: