Monday, August 20, 2007

Ready or Not


This morning began bright and early. I stepped out of the bathroom after my shower to find Elijah curled up and crying in the doorway of the bathroom. Mommy I don't want to got ot school. After cuddles, bribary, and prayer I convinced him to eat and see.

I then trudged down the stairs to wake Madison. Although she was slow as molasses this morning, aside from forgetting to take her water bottle and almost missing the bus, she was off and running. Her bus arrived only 10 minutes later than I thought it would.

After getting her on the bus I woke Amaris and Isiah to get them ready. You would think the fact that they got to Pick what ever they wanted to eat for breakfast they would have been a little more excited about getting moving....HA! No such luck!

Of course Isaiah was up quite a bit last night with pain issues he didn't sleep well. I have no idea what Amaris's problem was. Breakfast done, laundry started and switched twice, more tears and clinging from Elijah. Time for our devotion arrived.

I opened our devotional to August 20....and guess what??? Not afraid was our title for the day! How cool is that? Psalm 56:3 "When I am afraid I will trust in You." We talked about how even when we are alone, we really are not because Jesus promises us in the bible that He will never ever leave us. Just like that Elijah asked me to wear my lobster necklace (another story) and he was ready for school. We each prayed and then it was time to get shoes and back packs....

Hold it! Not so fast! remember I am home schooling Isaiah this year, today was the day he was to go to school for art. Do you think we could get a shoe on that boys foot?? NOPE! even his sock caused tears to flow! I tried everything I could think of to get something on his foot so we could go. Finally when I thought we would be late I abandoned all attempts and tucked him in on the couch with an ice pack and loaded the other 2 in the van.

Our school does the neatest thing on the first day of school all teachers and faculty and any parents who are there line up along the side walks and clap and cheer as the kids enter the building. It is something to see in order to completely appreciate how incredibale it is! I took pictures and visited class rooms. And was home by 9:45.

More laundry, phone calls and decided to take Isaiah to the doctor and have the toe looked at. Just as I thought, treat it as if it were fractured buddy wrap and open shoe for 7-10 days.

Off to the store to purchase the items needed to take care of the toe.

Home to cook dinner and be ready to hear all about the first day of school!

I am happy to report even Elijah had a good day! After dinner it was off to church for Kids crusade, not really happy about the timing for that! We finally got home at 9pm and did the whole bedtime routine. WHEW! I am beat!

Check out the fun photos from the day!

No comments: