Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Campus Tour and a silent tear

All of you should be proud of me, I was able to get throught his whole trip without heart palpitation and tears! The tears were silently falling in my heart.
Today was the day Dominique and I got to go to Grand View College and talk with an admissions counselor and take an "official" tour of campus. I was so excited, when we arrived at the office of admissions there in the lobby for all who entered to see was a big sign "Grand View College welcomes: Dominique Russell." I said,"look Dominique, did you see that?" He said, "I can't believe they did that I wish they would take that down." I was surprised really. I thought he'd have liked the welcome. I infromed the family at dinner that I want to be welcomed home next time I return with a sign that says: The Albers house welocmes Mommy home. Or some variation of that. We talked a little about major options and financial aid and total tuition etc. Can I tell you all how incredibly dumb I am?? The lady puts this brochure down in front of me, at the bottom of the page it says total cost: $22,000. So, what do I say?? "That isn't as bad as I anticipated for 4 years." Trying to conceal her grin she says, "Uh actually, that is per year! Boy did I feel stupid!" We took the tour of campus, renewed his parking permit from last semester, and checked out a few class rooms. I think we are going to try to change his classes around a bit. I will be making calls tomorrow. He seems a little more willing to consider higher education after graduating. Keep praying every one!!

Thanks to my mom for watching kids so I could do this with Dominique. Thanks to Jodi for the help in finding our way around the construction and parking issues over at the campus.

All in all we had a good time!

1 comment:

Lori Eilers said...

When we visited Central with Keaton, he was slightly embarassed when I asked where the dorm was for parents who were spending the weekend. Hee Hee. Hey, Grandview is a little more $$ than Evangel...maybe he should move to Springfield with Micaela. Evangel is a bargain at $19,000 a year.