Friday, August 24, 2007

Injury

Wednesday I injured my wrist and hand, I have no idea what I did. I can't remeber hitting it on anything. I ended up having to go to the doctor yesterday. I saw the same doc who set both of Dominique's broken arms. When he walked in the room he started looking around and asked me where Dominique was. I told him it was me this time. He said, "Don't tell me you were riding his skateboard!" NO I wasn't and when I told him I don't know what happened he told me I need to work on a good story. We did x-rays, he did not see any fractures. I have some bruiseing and clotting that is putting pressure on the nerves that is causeing pain. I took some pain meds last night that knocked me on my rear. I have no idea how people can get addicted to those crazy things. I hate how I feel when I take them. I would rather deal with the pain than feel like that. The bruising is very strange it goes all the way around my wrist and down the side of my forearm half way to my elbow and my pinky is numb. I am surprised it isn't broken from the way it feels. I am supposed to wear this brace for a week or so.....BUT....I can't get anything done with it on. So, I don't really use it.

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

Be careful!! You don't want to end up in a cast! My art work isn't Micaela's talent..it's a giant sticker froma home party. Bugger to get up!

Truders said...

Not good when the momma gets sick/hurt. Take care of yourself and don't over do it!! I'm praying for you.