Saturday, September 25, 2010

Yesterday I went to Hell and back to find my daughter....
Scott Sara and I all met at the civil court house downtown to file a petition for an involuntary commital on Madison. Things began to develop quickly in the underworld Madison was hiding in. As we sat in the parking lot trying to muster up the courage to do what we needed to do to save her. Scott began to get flooded with calls. First his dad called saying Madioson had called very upset and wanted him to come get her, he said no. Then Aaron called the same...only Aaron didnt know what to do. Then came the first call from Madison she was hysterical and scared. The men she had been with no longer wanted her around and she was leaving. Virtually cutting off what little connection we had been able to have with her. Scott with the help of Sara tried talking Madison into staying in the apartment until we could form a plan of safety. She was alone and at least we would know how to find her when we had a plan. Although her knowlege her location was sketchy at best. As we were walking into the courthouse she called again saying some person she did not know was on their way to pick her up and she was leaving with them. No amount of persuasion worked. And before we entered the building Madison had disappeared again.
It was one of the most surreal feelings I have experienced thus far. We were lead into a tiny little room that held only a desk 3 chairs and one tiny table with a lamp and a box of tissues. Taped on the window was an 8 X 10 sign that simply stated MENTAL HEALTH ROOM. The woman was way too bubbly for a job such as what lay ahead of us. She spoke real fast and was difficult to follow. Somehow it was decided that Sara and I would be the 2 petitioners and Scott would give input but not sign anything.  Good thing Sara asked me to write a summary of Madisons history and meds ahead of time. Thankfully they just attached my notes to all the forms and the lady swept out the door to see a judge. 45 minutes later we had a court order for her involuntary commital in our hands and one had already been sent to the hospital and the various law enforcement agencies.
We sat in the waiting area for some time trying to track Madison down. All we had was the number she had been calling form and suddenly the men on the other side had no idea where she was or what had happened to her. Thankfully in her intense state of fear earlier in the morning she told Scott the general area she thoguht she was. I am not even sure I know what I was feeling as we walked out of the courthouse. But we decided to drive around that area and see what we could find. What we found was confirmation that Madison had landed into a world much darker and scarier than I had allowed my imagination to create. We flagged down a police officer and asked for help. He advised us to pay a visit to the leasing office of the building we thought she had been in. I left my van in a lot a ways away and we drove together to the leasing office. This neighborhood was dangerous scary and surreal and it was DAYLIGHT I kept picturing my beautiful daughter walking these streets niave and believing  any sweet thing a stranger might whisper in her ear. Fear welled up in me as we walked between two run down buildings making our way to the office. The conversations that took place in that office were further confirmation that Madison was in serious danger and the reality that we may never see her again took place in the front of my mind. If nothing else our nosing around and my possession of the court order and the knowlege that law enforcement was actively looking for my daughter and THIS was the contact information the officers had must have put fear in them. That and I truly believe that God was guiding my steps and words all day.
When we had exhausted all our leads and talked to all the people we could possibly find Scott ehaded back to work so he could be close to her if she called and I headed home.
Around 415 in the afternoon Madison finally called and said she was with a man she had met in the parking lot. Scott tried for over an hour to convince them to meet us or bring her home or let us pick her up. Praise the Lord we had a number to connect us to her. at least for the momnent. Finally the man agreed to bring Madiosn to Scott's parents house. I called the detective and we set it up. He would trace the number and if he could find her before 7 he would pick her up and call me. If not then I was to call him when Madison had arrived.
I packed the car, Amaris and I left for the girls sleep over at church. Scott fed the boys then brought them to me at church and he went to his parents house to wait. 645 Madison arrived. Scott called me and I called the detective and he was on the way. I stepped out into the fading evening and stood in the parking lot of the church and prayed for my daughter and cried.
I will not post on here all the horrific things she has experienced since she went missing. I wont post on here all the mean and ugly things that spouted from her lips.
For today, Madison is safe in the hospital and we have a hearing on Wednesday morning where the judge will decide if Madison is able to take care of herself or not. The judge has the authority to hold her there or let her walk. Please please pray this judge uses wisdom that can only come from God. That the ruling will be to hold her until we can find her the help and safety she so desperately needs. If this judge allows her to leave. We will never see her again. This much I know.
So yesterday I went to hell and back to save my daughter and tomorrow I will go again if I have to. Someday we will look back on this and know God has healed her completely and she will know I love her. Today she hates me and wont talk to me at all.

3 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

You just don't know haw bad I wish I was there to help and hug you! We will keep praying. I don't even know what else to say to encourage you but lean on Proverbs 3:5 and 6. As much as we all love Madison, Jesus loves her more and will not leave her. Love you so much!

Truders said...

We are believing that the judge will make the right decision. You have many that are praying for you and for Madison. I agree with Lori. Jesus loves Madison more and will not leave her. Madison may be pushing Him away but Jesus will not leave her. Love and much prayers.

blog owner said...

i agree with Lori Eilers
i really wish i was there to help!
and im 14 :)