Monday, September 20, 2010

If only I had known when I was writing this morning what my day would hold....do you ever wonder...if only...
As I was getting kiddos ready for the bus (on picture day none the less!) the phone rings....madison....always while I am getting kids ready for school....Madison needed to talk....RIGHT NOW! needed to talk. So I carried the phone out tot he bus stop fixed hair wiped faces and listened to Madison ramble on the line about this confession and that. what she confessed is not as important as the result....
Madison has lied and manipulated one too many times to the house mother. The thing is that Had the house mother done her job appropriately then she would never have had the chance to lie....but she didnt so Madison lied.
call #2 came form house mother explaining that she is doing me a FAVOR of informing me that her and the house father from the boys program are packing and getting ready to drop Madison off at the local HOMELESS SHELTER! She has been kicked out for lying.
After the initial shock of the words that filtered through my ears wore off I began to cry....no sob. So many thoughts rush through my mind and the only thing I could think to do was call Sara on her cell. From there I was plunged into this whirlwind of phone calls. Begging crying pleading with complete strangers, spilling out our story to anyone who answered the phone hoping one JUST ONE fo them might have a connection with or an idea for a solution. But call after call ended with the same pitiful, I am so sorry I WISH I could help you and your daughter but....try this agency or that and thus I entered the great circle of mental health referals. I spent a total of 4 hours and 45 minutes on the phone searching. to find nothing at all. Finally this evening I got a chance to speak to the director of FFY and after nearly an hour on the phone came to an agreement to pray over night and talk again in the morning. Coiuld that be hope??
Then about an hour later Madison called hopping mad threatening to leave and find her own place to stay. She was awful on the phone and I am sure even worse than that to house mother....I am afraid her tantrum and outburst this evening sealed herafte to exit the program and move to....oh yeah NOWHERE! because there is nothing available to a girl her age with mental health issues.
I have no idea what we are going to do now....

No comments: