Thursday, March 4, 2010

This is my favorite time of the year. IFAPA conference. Usually Joy comes home and stays with the children and we leave early Friday morning and stay at the conference center. We take classes all day Friday there are fun activities Friday evening and then more classes all day Saturday. I LOVE going to conference. I love meeting other foster and adoptive families. I love hearing stories. But more than all of that I love taking all the training classes. This year will be different. for so many reasons. We will only be attending during the day on Friday and rather than sitting and soaking in the knowledge and wisdom of all the special speakers we will be taking first aid and CPR. POOH! Its not that I dont think first aid and CPR are important trainings to take. I really do! I just hate to waste this time and miss out on so many amazing classes. I wish we could take an entire week and then we could take all the classes they offer.
This year will feel so different but I am looking forward to meeting old friends and making new friends too.

No comments: