Wednesday, February 3, 2010

this swirling mind of mine....

I began writing this Monday before I got ill. And after reading decided it was worth posting.


I have so many many thoughts feelings and emotions swirling about in this mind of mine....
I am so so so thankful for a big brother who loves me, believes in me and supports the dreams I have for Dropz of Hope and for all my children both my own and those of Dropz...
As I sat this evening trying to listen to Joel on the TV....I heard him say, amongst the loud chaos of  craziness that lives in a home with 7 children under the age of 13(we have 2 extra for the weekend), Joel said. Speak life into your circumstance....this is going to be my year to prosper....this is going to be the best decade of my life...I believe I will accomplish great and mighty things!!
as I sat for a few more moments while waiting for round one of baths to begin I got to thinking about the speaker from the conference this weekend. Pastor Heath Friday night spoke from God directly into my heart, then today Ali spoke as if she could read my heart and mind...I love when God confirms your thoughts by surprise.
I think if I were to cling to one thought from Pastor Heath and carry it with me it would be this:
Remember it is the winds of Heaven that makes you beautiful. 
How soon we forget when we are caught up in the the crazy of life. When successes and failures rise and fall. We gain pride and shame with in heart beats of one another. It is difficult in those highs and lows to remember It is the winds from Heaven that gives us our beauty...
and yes, even in the lowest of all lows we all experience (and some of us would prefer to hide from all the world those moments)...even then God blows His winds through us and exposes a beauty that often times is more radiant than in times of great joy and success. I don't know maybe it is the way it blows through our tears and reflects off His face...maybe that is it.
Ali spoke of love. friendship. loyalty. we as people but especially as women crave friendship. not just friendship. but one that we can trust will be loyal through all times rejoicing while we rejoice, weeping while we weep. keeping our secrets, loving us no matter what...I pray I am that kind of friend...I know that I have work to do in this area. It is hard for me. I don't always let others in. But today I am going to make an effort to do and be better in this area. I desire to be called this kind of friend!
Thanks Pastor Heath and Ali for pouring all you have into our lives so we may become better leaders!

No comments: