Thursday, March 29, 2007

Put Up Your Dukes!

Last night when Scott got home from work he was goofing around with Elijah and tackled him for a little tickle torture. When Elijah jumped up onto the bed and put up his fists and said, "Put 'em up you old GEEZER, show me what you got!" I thoguth I would wet my pants laughing at the look on Daddy's face!
Now for a serious Elijah story, I am so proud of him!
Elijah is our little baseball player, he loves to play ball. His team was supposed to have practice last night at 6pm. So, on the bus after school one of the other boys from his team said something about practice. Elijah told him, "I don't practice baseball on Wednesdays because I go to church." The other little boy asked him. "What is more important Elijah, church or baseball?" And Elijah told him that Church was way more important. The other boy told him, church is dumb and boring. But Elijah stood his ground and told him "That is not true and I will be at church not baseball today!"
It was a bitter sweet thing for me. Bitter because it is so sad for me to have my children involved in those kinds of conflict but so sweet because I am so very proud that he stood his ground and maybe, that little seed he planted will someday soon make a difference in his friends life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was funny, from the geezer himself

Lori Eilers said...

Way to go Elijah!! Stand your ground, dude. Oh, and GREAT burn on your ole dad!