Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Funny Boy of the Family


All of my children have a great sense of humor. Some more than others for sure. We have a prankster who loves to prank people when they least expect it. Then there is the one that is cute and funny at the same time and as he gets older he is witty with a little sarcasm. But the one that keeps us laughing all the time, I mean belly laughing. Is Elijah! He comes up with the funniest things at the oddest moments. Last night, after dinner I was trying to clean the kitchen so I could go out doors and enjoy my swing. When I heard something fall to the floor. Usually such a sound is immediately followed by "Mommy, I am so sorry" but not last night. As soon as I heard that all too familiar sound I hear the sweet voice of Elijah.."Clean up on isle 2". I lost it! I couldn't stop laughing. How can you lecture someone on 'the importance of using both hands when clearing your place from the table.' after hearing THAT? So, after regaining my composure, I said to him, "please get some napkins and clean it up for mommy, OK?" To which he replied, "I don't have to Mommy, Raven has it covered, with her tongue!" And he ran out the door to play! That's my Elijah, he keeps me laughing.

1 comment:

Lori Eilers said...

That is sooo funny! Now you know what it was like raising Keaton. :)