Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I Scream You Scream We All Scream for Ice Cream!!!

A funny thing happened last night after dinner. We were all enjoying the beautiful weather in the back yard playing catch, swinging on swings, etc. When a new and exciting sound filled the air...The music of an ICE CREAM truck! It is so funny how my brother and I looked at each other as if we were kids again, "ICE CREAM!" I said, "no way, it can't be." Then a funny thing happened, my phone rang, and being outside, I decided I technically was not at home, so I didn't answer, right after that, my cell phone rang. So thinking maybe it was an emergency I sprinted in the house to answer it. It was Dominique calling from the street, the only thing he said was, "Can you hear the ice cream truck? Can we get some?" (Even to a 16 year old ice cream is an emergency, especially when served through the window of a truck right in front of your house). At this point I still wasn't sure I was hearing what I thought I was hearing. But sure enough kids came out of houses that I didn't even know had kids living in. Lining up anxiously on the curb, excitedly discussing which ice cream would be best to have. I am not ashamed to admit that I turned to MY MOTHER, yes, I said mother...and said "can I have an ice cream? PLEEEZE." To which she responded, "Philip, go get my purse." WHAT??? Never in my memory do I remember it being that easy to get icecream money from my mother! Age has done good things to her...(heehee) So anyway, I really was joking but she offered the money with a smile and said "my treat!" Yes, I ran to the gate and realized I had forgotten my children and Scott. OOPS! So I yelled for all to join me. How could I miss the opportunity to introduce them to the ice cream truck? The excitement grew as I watched my children giggle as they read all the different choices, and complain that they couldn't possibly decide between them all. After everyone had an ice cream (8) and I paid $5.50, I know I couldn't believe it either! We decided that we would schedule in time each week to meet on the curb for an icecream! Thanks MOM for the ice cream!

No comments: