Thursday, June 27, 2013

God knew exactly what  needed today. I know, He knows exactly what I need EVERY day. But today was one of those days He allowed me to see His hand. I am grateful for that.
I have been dealing with some serious things lately. Grief of various states, loss, stress of parenting children from hard places. questioning my own parenting abilities. work stress. I am working with a couple families whose stories are keeping me awake at night.
As I prepared for my day all these things and many more were weighing on my heart and I felt the strain in my shoulders as I moved through the early morning.
I was a little grumpy at myself for setting such a long day for work. I was to travel over an hour for my first appointment then another 40 minutes for the second...this girl was a little grumpy. I made good time and arrived 4 miles away from the first visit 20 minutes early so I found a small quaint country church not far from the house I was to visit and I pulled into the gravel parking area and sat in the van listening to worship music thinking and praying. watching the sky dance around stormy looking clouds as if they were taunting each other about who was going to rule the day. blue sky or stormy skies.
Slowly as I sat there in the van allowing my mind to wander here and there. I realized peace was beginning to trickle in. The drive between appointments was absolutely gorgeous, winding old country roads. farm land rich soil. I felt peace approaching and am so grateful now that God sent me that way today. It was exactly what I needed.

No comments: