Thursday, June 27, 2013

According to the urban dictionary the definition of Best Friend is:
Best Friends are very special people in your life. They are the first people you think about when you make plans. They are the first people you go to when you need someone to talk to. You will phone them up just to talk about nothing, or the most important things in your life. When you’re sad they will try their hardest to cheer you up. They give the best hugs in the world! They are the shoulder to cry on, because you know that they truly care about you.

Today is My Best Friend Joslyn's birthday.
It is impossible to put into words what she means to me and the joy she has brought into my life. I can still vividly see the day we became friends play out in my mind. I can hear the sounds, smell the smells and feel all the feeling of that day. Funny the things we remember that are important to us or the things that have a lasting impact on out lives.
I was a miserable young teenaged kid who was walking around with a whole lot of hurt inside and no idea what to do with it. Joslyn and I became friends quickly. My life has been enhanced by her presence in it. We have been through a life time of joys and sorrows together. We have laughed hysterically and cried uncontrollably we have encouraged and reprimanded one another.
teen years. moving. losing our fathers within months of each other. college. moving. marriages children (me) Godmother to mine. sickness. cancer. we have loved no matter what encouraged always and supported each other through what ever life throws at us.
I could write a novel of all the reasons I am blessed to have Joslyn in my life. I could but I wont. I will just say. I am blessed beyond measure to be able to call her my sister/friend and I can not imagine what my life would be like with out her.
So happy birthday Gizmo. I love ya BUNCHES

No comments: