Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I love when God arranges for us to meet people. To cross paths at just the right moment.
Sunday evening I attended a conference in Des Moines promoting adoption, I went as a representative for Dropz of Hope. One of the speakers was a young lady who is a house parent for Safe Haven. She spoke briefly of a young lady who lives at the home, this young lady is 17 pregnant with twins and is looking for the perfect family to adopt her twins. (slow down! I did not volunteer! silly!!) but I did look for her after the conference so I could get some information just in case I needed it to pass on to a family or 2. I missed her, she left before I had the chance. I made a mental note to follow up if I had time later in the week.
Monday evening Samuel had a music concert at school. Our music teacher is amazing, she is energetic and talented!!! She is one of those people that you can see her love for the children without even knowing her you know her heart. I love her. She has always been sensitive and kind to each one of my kiddos and made special efforts to reach them and touch their hearts with music. She made a special effort to include Miss Sassy Pants even though that was her first day at the school and she technically was not a part of the musical program.
Anyway, I got to talking with her after the program, and some how, I have no idea how, but we got on to the topic of the conference and I told her about the lady from the conference. She told me she knew of a family who desperately wants to adopt and would be amazing parents AND they are open to twins! As we continued talking she quietly shared who the family was. I happen to know them and know how amazing they are. I promised to gather info and send it to her in the morning.
This morning after I put the last round of kiddos on their bus I looked up the number and called the gal from the conference. We talked and talked and before I knew it we had been on the phone more than an hour. She did give me all the details for my friend. But as we talked we learned that we share the same God given passion. We were talking about adoptions I shared a little about how God formed my sweet family. How HE chose each child and placed them in our home for a special reason at a special time. I told her I understand the need for overseas adoptions, I understand the call for people to rescue the orphans of this world, But my heart cries for the children of our own community, the children who walk the halls of our schools. The children in our churches, neighborhoods, right here in our own back yard. My heart weeps for these children and I KNOW God has called me to be His hands and feet here. I often feel like I am a missionary only I never leave home.
I could feel her excitement through the phone line. as she poured her heart out to me and shared she had felt the same calling since she was a small child. At the end of our conversation we agreed that we need to get together sometime soon.
I love when God crosses 2 paths and connects 2 hearts that are filled with the same passion. It feeds my soul and gives me strength!
Please pray for those twin babies, that God would choose the perfect family for them. Secretly I am praying He chooses my friend. She will be the most amazing mommy someday and I am praying it is SOON!

No comments: