Friday, November 16, 2012

I know there are songs and words written about this. But does anyone besides me ever really ponder this:
When I am gone from this life. What will my legacy be?
I do not care to leave a house, car, money or things. I honestly don't. I mean it would be nice if I had those things to bless my children with but. I feel like the real blessings I want to leave them can not be held in the hand but rather in the heart.
I pray my children will remember the love they felt when with me, the gentle touch of my hand on their head, the whisper of prayer over them as they slept, the encouraging words I left hiding randomly.
I want to be remembered as I remember my daddy.
He was the definition of uncondiotional love. I pray I was a good student and learned enough from him to leave the same legacy to my children.
What will I be remembered for when I am gone?

No comments: