Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dominique

Where has the time gone? Dominique is nearing the end of the 2nd of 3 tours. He has been all over the United States and Canada in the last couple months. The kids and I have a map on the wall in the kitchen, we use a sharpie marker and track all of the cities Dominique is in. It is fun to wait for his text or call nad then let the kids map out where he is on that day.
Is this the life I had envisioned for him to live? probly not. But this is the life he is carving out for himself. And he is HAPPY. My boy lives and breaths music. When he is not surrounded on all sides with music he is not himself. One day I hope he will further his education so he can go many places in the music industry. I can see big things opening up for him. One day he will see it too. Until then, I know he is safe, I know that he is surrounded by a group of amazing people, they are like a family. They take care of each other, watch out for each other and more important than that they are a group of kids who have great character huge hearts and do amazing things for others!
These kids held a benefit concert for a local youth emergency shelter and raised over $1500. These kids volunteer with Dropz of Hope when ever they are not out on the road. They no doubt will continue to do great things!
Even though this would not have been my choice of path for him to travel, I could not be more proud of the man my son has grown to be...

No comments: