Monday, April 18, 2011

Baseball update

Friday nights game was a rain out. So Elijah joined us at FPNO. We had nearly 50 children there Friday night and for the first time since the beginning of FPNO we had to divide the young ones into 3 classes! It worked out beautifully in part because of the split but mostly because I am blessed with amazing volunteers who are flexible and LOVE the children!
Saturday was supposed to bring 3 ball games for Elijah but as the morning progressed we kept getting games pushed back until they finally decided the fields we were supposed to play on were too wet for play. I was unexpectedly able to attend a Bridal Shower for a good friend of mine, Mandi. It was a lovely shower and I am happy I was able to go!
Sunday was the first test run. Elijah had 3 ball games back to back. So, Scott and Lij took off for the ball park as I was leaving with the rest of the children for church. I was super sad to miss the games all day but still believe we are making the right decision for Sundays. The other children need to stay in their Sunday routine and I need to be there for my Sunday School class and to help out in the Filling Station.
Elijah's team lost all 3 games the first was a blow out but the other 2 were close. Scott said Lij played very well. A real confidence booster for him!
Tonight Sam has a game and Lij has practice...and of course we are expecting rain wind and COLD temperatures! We will have to see what happens.
Tomorrow I get to do concession stand duty for Sam's team. (ssshhhh don't tell....I HATE concession stand duty!! I would rather rake the field for the ball park than do concession stand duty!)

No comments: