Tuesday, April 12, 2011

baby eagle

My Burrito has been fascinated by watching the eagles from Decorah on the computer. He talks about them all the time. He talks about how big and strong the daddy eagle is, how the mommy eagle takes good care of the babies and the babies are "aaaaaaaaa SO CUUUUTE"
He must pay closer attention than I thought. This afternoon in the midst of one of his blow out tantrums he sat by my feet on the floor and said to me "Mama, I am the baby eagle, you are the mommy eagle sit on me cover me up keep me safe and warm!" without thinking, I kind of knelt down and bent over his curled up little body covering him up. We stayed there for a few minutes and I could feel his breathing change. He began to calm down. Then he began to make this little squeakish chirpy sound...so I sat up and he looked in my eyes and said "All better. Thanks to be my mommy eagle!"
I love my Burrito and if pretending to be a mommy eagle protecting her pretend baby eagle helps him calm down then I guess thats the new plan. Because let me tell you, he was happy and calm withing MINUTES when normally it goes on for nearly an hour!

3 comments:

Chef Stinson Family said...

That is probably one of the sweetest things I have ever read. :)

Chef Stinson Family said...

That is probably one of the sweetest things I have ever read. :)

Lori Eilers said...

That is precious!