Monday, January 17, 2011

a nice reminder

I have been extremely discouraged lately with the lack of progress for Dropz of Hope. It seems I lose volunteers, I can't find an attorney to help me, I need space and have none. Yet I keep gaining new families, each one with their own set of needs I wish to fill.
I have had 3 different people come to me over the last 2 years and ask for help in forming a Non Profit....All 3 of them are up and running as full NPO with the federal government and doing quite well! Don't get me wrong, I am super excited for their success! I just don't understand why God is using me to make them successful and giving me the vision and families for Dropz yet I can't seem to get past this plateau.
I think the thing that hit me the hardest was a couple weeks ago a case worker was telling me a story about how Dropz of Hope is inspiring other people across Iowa to reach out and touch lives in foster care. Using Dropz as a model to start programs in their areas. HOW EXCITING!! God is Faithful!! But why are these people more successful? why are these programs gaining all the things and space that DROPZ needs??
Then this morning when I was reading my devotion I came to this part....

Jesus said in Mark 5:34, “Daughter, your faith has made you well.” Notice it’s our faith that activates God’s power. We have to press through our thoughts, press through our circumstances, press through the crowd and obstacles until we touch Him.

Today, with every step you take, God is drawing closer to you. He’ll meet your faith with His miraculous power so you can embrace the victory He has waiting for you!

I am going to work on this....It is easy for me to activate my faith for others. Not so easy to do this for myself...Thank you Lord for the gentle reminder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry lady! It will happen, in God's time! Trust and believe, one day we will be huge!! :)
Love ya!
Nita