Saturday, January 1, 2011

01/01/11

Revelation 21:5 (New Living Translation)
5 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”

I woke this morning feeling, I dont know a mixture of emotions. Sadness sorrow... I started the day off lying in bed pondering the events of 2010 and feeling burdened by the failures.
As I showered my mind slowly began to shift gears. As if the warm water washed the suds off my body the warm water also washed the sadness and sorrow away.
Today is a new day and thie above verse floated through my mind. Peace setteled in around my heart and took root in my soul. I know I will continue to have struggles and failures and sadness and sorrows but I am reminded today that each day, not only January first of each new year but EVERY DAY is a new beginning.
January 1 of every year is thought to be a new beginning. people make resolutions to start a new make goals examine dreams gauge successes and failures measured up against years gone by.
I have never made a practice of making special resolutions on this first day of each year. Maybe I should I dont know.But in my pondering today I am reminded of all the opportunities I have to begin a new...
a new day...a new year...a new beginning...new relationships...new opportunities....new decisions...new tasks...new ways to serve the Lord and others...new growth...new journal entries...new life experiences...
I am standing here on the horizon looking more forward than back today. Know that my God is going before me. He is clearing the way for His plans to be fullfilled my aim today is to follow closely behinde him right into the horizon He created for me.
Happy New Year!!

No comments: