Wednesday, January 12, 2011

bald??? yep

Have you ever had one of those moments when you feel the Lord speaking to you to do something and you stop and look upwards and say "for real??" Then the arguing and debating ensue. God keeps sending you confirmation and signs that He was serious. And you keep finding reasons not to obey....No? well it happens to me, not often but it does happen and recently that very thing happened to me...
I was in church visiting with a friend of mine who was sharing with me about this team she was on raising money for childhood cancer research, the members of the team have until March 12 to raise $3000 and then the team will have their heads shaved in solidarity for all the children who suffer the loss of hair and many other things during the course of their cancer battles.
The Lord began to speak to me during that conversation prompting me to join the team right then and there. I ignored the promptings. and so a week of ignoring bargaining and disobedience began. Finally I said, "OK Lord, I will talk to Scott and if he says yes then I will do it." I was certain he would have a cow and say no way.....HA! Jokes on me. He was barely phased at all almost uninterested ion our conversation and he just off handedly said I dont really care. and the Lord giggled at my disobedience and I sat down at the computer went to the St. Bladricks website and signed up to join the team. There are 7 amazing members to our team so far. Lead by an incredible woman with a heart bigger than any. Helen's prayer is to have 100 shavees and far exceed our $3000 goal. Please visit the St. Baldricks web site look up Bald for a Cause event in Des Moines Iowa. Our team name is Bald Faith and we would be honored if you would donate to our team!!
I have been praying that a dear friend of mine would do the honors of shaving my head for me...I will ask today.
Bald for the Cause
Event ID: 5677
Event Date:  March 12, 2011
Start Time: TBD
Address:
Wild Hairz
2355 E. UniversityDes Moines, IA 50317
FUNDRAISING
Raised: $250
Goal: $3,000

160,000 children are told they have cancer each year. 1 out of every 5 children will lose their battle with the disease. These children fight everyday for their life, while enduring painful treatments, most lose their hair, and have to endure yet another effect, baldness. This event is to raise money for research for cancer that effects children. We will stand and fight this battle with the children. We will stand bald, and show these children just how much we care. Can you find it in your heart to stand with us? Make a donation, create a team, or join ours, raise money from your friends and family, and lets find a cure so that no other child has to suffer.

No comments: