Monday, January 24, 2011

It has been a little crazy around here, the monsters have been passing toxic germs back and forth it feels like I have been running in to the doctor every other day for nearly 3 weeks.
We have had strep times 4, ear infection times 2, pink eye, stitches removal (they were SUPPOSED to dissolve and after 18 days were still snug in the brow of Little E so it was time to see a doc), a couple varieties of lovely viruses, a sledding accident, and a thorn removal WHEW!
the most impressive by far and of course the one that won me the title of mother of the year once again (dripping in sarcasm) was: Last Wednesday Big Elijah went up the hill to sled with a buddy. When he came home his face was scratched up, a black eye was forming and he had a bruised fat lip. BUT he was excited for 2 reasons: 1. he had a story to tell his other buddies at church and school. and 2. he didn't cry in front of his buddies (a HUGE bonus!) I was impressed to since he cries when he and Isaiah are messing around.
by Friday all the scrapes were nearly healed but his eye was looking terrible it had turned an odd shade of reddish purple but he would not let me touch it.
After FPNO and baseball practice Friday night he told me "Mom, Nita thinks there might be something in my eye." So I hopped him up on the bathroom counter, got a flashlight and tweezers and started to look. Sure enough it looked as if there was a piece of the tree he had run into embedded in his cheek right under his eye. Honestly I thought it was really small like a splinter. But just could not get it partially because it was infected and partially because Lij was very upset. So I cleaned it and decided to take him to the clinic in the morning.
Saturday morning I had Isaiah babysit while I took Lij to the clinic. All the way there I was expecting to be embarrassed by the size of splinter they remove.....
HA!! After numbing his cheek, some work, manipulation, 4 hands working and me holding his head still, out popped this thorn! and a LOT OF infection ACK!!
The doctor presented him with a small jar half full of solution and floating in the solution was his THORN.
He has proudly shown that crazy thorn to anyone who will look at it even took it to school today!



No comments: