Sunday, October 12, 2008

my sweet Isaiah

Not many of you know I have been taking classes, training to become a CASA volunteer. CASA is a national organization, the acronym stands for: Court Appointed Special Advocate. (for children). I am very excited about this new endeavor and looking forward to the swearing in ceremony Oct. 30. Anyway, I had a full weekend training this weekend at the local community college. Friday night when I got home, I made dinner, spent time with the fam, etc. then got out my books, sat down in the kitchen, by myself, in the dark. Got up to answer the call of my name, returned to the kitchen to find Isaiah sitting in my chair. here is what happened:
I~ watcha doin'?
M~ I am getting ready to do my home work.
I~ (pulling out the chair next to him and patting his hand on the seat) come here mommy, have a seat, I will help you!
M~ Oh, Isaiah that is very thoughtful of you, but you would not understand my home work, it would bore you.
I~ Mommy! sit down, you have been helping me with my homework for YEARS so now, I want to help YOU!! (that almost made me giggle) Please? I will get you a glass of water.
M~ OK, thank you. (and I obediently sat, next to my sweet little boy and we opened my 15 page case plan that I had to study and formulate questions and recommendations for by morning)
PAGE 5 of said plan....
I~ scoots his chair away from the table, stretches and yawns....
M~ where are you going?
I~ you were right mom, that stuff is boring! I'm gonna go play a game...GOOD LUCK!
(he promptly kissed the top of my head and ran out of the room)

He touched my heart, the fact that he cared so much to try and help me with my homework...so sweet!!!

2 comments:

Truders said...

How sweet is that? Way to go Angela on your classes. I'm proud of you!!

Lori Eilers said...

How exciting! Way to go my friend! Isaiah is a good boy....he loves his momma!