Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sweet 16
MADISON turns sweet 16 Friday January4.2008. It is hard for me to believe she is already 16....I remember like it was yesterday...she was barely 3 years old when her dad and I married...she laid on her tummy on the platform as we exchanged our vows she entertained the congregation...in some way shape or form she has entertained us all ever since....I am so thankful God chose me to be one of her Mom's. I can't say that I remember the day she entered this world, I can't recall the excitement as she grew in the womb...I wasn't there, but even as we did not know each other or that we wold one day meet and become family....God was preparing my heart to be a mom to a daughter...
Happy Sweet 16th Birthday Madison!
I hope you have the best day ever!
Some fun things you may not know about Madison, when we became a family she still had a Binky and could spin it in her mouth so fast you couldn't even tell what color it was. She LOVED LOVED spinney dresses and fancy panties, so much so that she would not wear a dress if it did not spin, and I had to return several packages of panties before they passed her fancy test. She loved awfuls (waffles) and opiemeal (oatmeal) for breakfast. She loves anything that glitters or shines, loves crazy unusual outfits that I rarely think match. Madison can be very generous and giving but can't save money if her life depended on it. She is totally addicted to gum....seriously, rehab and GA (gum chewers anonymous) may be in the near future. She loves bright neon colors, hence the crazy color changes here. She can talk fast than just about anyone I have ever met. In fact, not long ago we went to an auction at my Mother's church, Scott and I decided Madison should be an auctioneer when she grows up! When she blows her nose it sounds exactly like a trumpet. She laughs all the time and can be a drama queen.
Madison....AKA...Fancypants, Maddiepants, Hovercraft, Maddie, Maditude, Sassy, Missy ( I called her Missy so much when she was little that when I referred to her as Madison people thought I was talking about another child).
Please pray blessings on her life. 16 can be a sweet age....life can get tough too.

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

What can I say about Madison? I love that little monster and wish we could hang more often. I know Madison loves Jesus and I pray she always follows Him in all parts of her life. I will always remember when we first met...she was in kindergarten and was a wild child in Sunday School but I loved her spunkiness and could tell she and I would always be friends. Much love from Pastor Lori!! Happy Birthday girlfriend!

Truders said...

Madison,Happy Birthday!! Although I didn't make mention on my blog you were in our hearts on your special day Sweet 16!! You have an always will hold a special place in our lives. Hope your day was the best ever.