Friday, January 11, 2008

Prayers answered one at a time.

We have been struggling with Madison for a very long time. We have been praying and searching for a doc that would work well with our team that has been in place since she was 5 years old. This past week has brought me to my knees in so many ways with her. After spending close to 2 hours on the phone Wednesday trying to convince a doc to take her on. I Became frustrated and completely gave up. I called Sara crying mercy and told her I was at a total loss.
Then Thursday morning arrived. Isaiah had had a difficult couple days with pain and was not going to school for guidance. Then I got a call from Jaimie our social worker (we are still licensed foster parents) she was on our street for an unannounced visit. Good thing we didn't go to school.
After our nearly 2 hours she was getting ready to leave and saw my notes on the table from my phoning Thursday. She asked about one of the docs on the page. So, I told her the entire Madison story.
Later in the afternoon she called, not only had she gotten special permission for us to bring Madison to see that doc, but she will work with the team we have in place. This is the doc we have wanted to come on board. I think we will finally begin to make progress with her. I am so thankful for Jaimie's willingness to go above and beyond for me. This is going to be huge for us!! I am expecting big things to happen from here!

1 comment:

Truders said...

Isn't God so good? When we finally are at our quitting moments He always comes through for us.