Wednesday, January 2, 2008

December 24, 2007

Today was a busy day for all of us.
We had lunch at noon with Scott's family. The kids enjoyed presents and good food...
Madison's other mother and family came over at 4:00 for Madison's Christmas with them.
We had picked up pizzas from Papa Murphy's for dinner. Every year on Christmas Eve we order pizza tell the Real Christmas Story and enjoy family time.
Although it was a high stress day it ended up being better than I anticipated it would be.
Later in the evening Pastor Alice from down the road stopped by with a Christmas blessing. We have no idea who blessed us....whoever you are, thank you from the bottom of our hearts we are truly blessed and one day will back in the place of giving too.
I also forgot to mention, on the 18th, I helped out with Santas workshop at the school. On my way in the building I dropped off a plate full of cookies the kids and I had made for the teachers. When one of the teachers asked me to take a walk....I followed her to her classroom, she presented me with a beatifully wrapped gift. Thanks were given and I placed it in my purse until later. When I got home I placed it under the tree until Scott got home. We opened it together. What a surprise! Our teachers are amazing people and we love them all very much, not because of the gift we rtecieved but because of all the love they pour into our children every day. I would never want my children to go to any other school! Thank you Runnells teachers, thank you!
Having children with special needs can be very stressful. Emotionally draining and financially exhausting. Knowing that we are loved and cared for by our teachers and community makes all the difference in the world! Words could never express the gratitude that fills our hearts!

No comments: