Thursday, May 3, 2007

Walking with a nut!

Today Abbey had to go on a field trip with her daughter and couldn't walk with me. Scott was off today, he was supposed to go on a field trip with Isaiah but Isaiah has been sick since Tuesday after school. So, I asked Scott to walk with me...first of all he has a very intersting stretching routine he goes through, you wouldn't believe me if I told you, pictures would have been worth a million! Then he needs to change clothes, then it is too cold and he needs a jacket. FINALLY we get going. Are you gonna walk this fast the whole time? yup! ok....we fell into a workable groove, then the on-again-off-again mist that was falling when we left the house turned into a drizzle. So, we get up to the school, the 1 mile mark, and I tell him we either go for the 3.5 miles or turn around. He decided he would melt if we pushed on so we turned around and came home. We did have fairly good conversation I talked 3/4 of the walk and he grunted one to three word answers and laughed occassionally. I'll take what I can get...we were pretty wet by the time we got home but hey, 2 miles is better than sitting on the buttocks and letting it expand. Truth be known, it was kind of fun walking with Scott even if he is a little quirky about stuff.

3 comments:

Truders said...

Tell Scott I'm proud of him for doing that!! What a guy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the wife is the one who mentioned coming home, I probably could have made the whole route twice, but I did not want to show her up on my first try. I'm old, therefore I stretch.

Angela said...

YOU MY FRIEND ARE TELLING AN UNTRUTH!