Saturday, August 10, 2013

still small voice

I write this with a heavy but oddly grateful  heart.
I am not able to go into detail here because I love and respect many people whose lives have been affected by a tragic situation. A situation where another individual decided they had the power to take innocence and power away from others who had placed their trust in them. I have been physically ill since learning of this horrible event.
Gratefulness comes in when I realized this was the very same individual I had trusted with some of my own children. Grateful tat I listened to that voice inside of me that screamed this individual is not OK. And even though I had no valid reason besides the feeling rooted deeply within my soul I severed all connection between them and anything and anyone connected to us.
Grace.
protection.
It is by grace that I listened that time. there have been many times in my life when I have heard similar voices inside telling me no or stop or something else and I have not listened.
I have lost much sleep over the thought of what would have potentially have happened had I not listened. the lives connected to mine that would or could have been directly affected is devastating.
moral of the story....when you get the feeling in the pit of your stomach or the depths of your soul. stop and listen. pay attention. Even if others think you are crazy. Even if you FEEL like it means you are losing everything or losing important things. LISTEN. because listening could make all the difference in the world. It truly could mean the difference between life and death.

No comments: