Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sam



Sam....oh how I love my Sam. Not joking, not sarcastic. Truth. I love this little guy so much its crazy! Which is why I spend so much time searching for classes and books to educate myself on how to properly parent him, that is why I am willing to travel to Omaha or any where else that may have answers or support. You see. This first photo represents Sam. It is who he is much of the time. It used to make me incredibly sad. He always seems, well, melancholy. What causes this is a mystery. He is loved, well cared for, smart, creative and a ball of energy. We have built special supports for him at school. learned new techniques of parenting for here at home. Nothing ever seemed to change the fact that this was always the look on his face, when he was sad, happy, excited, angry no matter the emotion always the same expression. UNTIL....



 
Recently we have been catching THIS LOOK on his sweet face! I can not express how much joy it brings to my heart to see a smile light up his face!
I am not sure what the difference is. Could it be our new skills as parents? could it be the counseling? could it be maturity finally catching up? could it be the medication we finally relented and allowed the doctor to prescribe?
Maybe it is a combination of all those things. I don't know. What I do know is that I could get used to seeing THIS face more often!
 

No comments: