Monday, September 10, 2012

Dear Isaiah,
Today you are 16!
As I sit in the quiet before the day begins I am thinking back over your life so far.
You were such a funny little baby. So round and happy.
Even in the very early days of your life you were very selective with the people you would allow to hold you and talk to you. There was only 1 lady in the nursery at church who could hold you, if she wasnt there you would not stay.
As a toddler you were quite particular about everything. You would line all your racecars up in color order. We used to mess up the order when you would turn your back, then you would ball up your little fists and growl at us. So funny.
There were very few people who knew you could even talk....you have always had few words to say. But when you do choose to speak I try to listen. It will either be very funny or very important.
You started playing jokes and tricks on people when you were about 3 years old. You used to set traps for us so we could not get through a room or doorway.
As you have gotten older I still see all these wonderful traits in you. You still are selective of who you speak to and associate with, you are still very funny and love to play jokes on people. Your sense of humor brings me great joy. I love love love to hear you laugh.
Your compassion and caring for others especially your siblings amazes me.
The other day you asked me why I think you are Jonah's favorite. I have thought a lot about that question. I think it is because Jonah feels your peace patience and love when you hold him. You make him feel safe and loved. That is a gift. Keep that always!
I am proud of you, Isaiah.
When I look over your life I see the building of a man, a man who will impact the world around him in a huge way, you will likely remain quiet and reserved but I do not believe that will take away from your abilities to change this world for the better.  God placed you on this earth and gave you the gifts blessings and trials He has given for a reason. One day all these things will come together and make sense to you.
I am proud of you. You are one of the most courageous people I have ever known. Happy birthday!
Love
Mom

No comments: