Friday, September 21, 2012

pumpkin. leaves. fall. favorite!

I LOVE fall! It is by far my favorite time of year. I love the way the air has a crisp bite to it. I love the smells of burning leaves and harvest. I love filling my house with the smells of cinnamon and maple and baking breads and stew brewing on the stove.
I have really been loving some new pumpkin recipes lately. I made cheese tortellini with a homemade Alfredo sauce with pumpkin in it! YUM!
I made sweet pie pumpkins stuffed with a collard green cheese breadcrumb stuffing. WOW!
For the kids for breakfast pumpkin pancakes and apple cider.
I am making spiced pumpkin muffins tomorrow. For breakfast this morning I filled a couple small pie pumpkins with diced granny smith apples maple flavor, brown sugar and oatmeal baked for 1 hour. Bowl full of heavenly goodness! Next time I will throw in craisins too and maybe roasted pecans.


No comments: