Monday, July 16, 2012

Elijah update

I am happy to report the leg injury is healing nicely. He is antsy to get back to playing baseball. We begin practice for the fall ball team tonight then try out for tournament ball will be Aug 11. He also announced he wants to play BOTH league and tournament ball next spring. My thought is there is no such thing as too much baseball for a boy who loves it as much as he does, and if at any time he decides it is too much we will absolutely cut back or stop. He is in the drivers seat now. I am still working on Scott to come around to my view on the subject. LOL
The results of Elijah's MRI and EEG were in early last week. He was diagnosed with seizure disorder not otherwise specified. Meaning the EEG showed abnormal activity that appeared to be seizure type activity but the were unable to diagnose the type of seizure it is. The doctor has ordered a 72 hour in-patient video EEG to be done for proper diagnosing. Since this is not an emergency I requested they give me a couple weeks to arrange child care meals etc for the other children. Since it is required that I stay in the hospital with him for the entire 72 hours I need time to get the other children situated. There is a lot to consider and a lot to be juggled in a large family.
We will be admitted the morning of August 6. Sometime that morning or the night before Amaris will be going to my friend Emily's house where she will stay the entire time. What a blessing! As of now the boys will all be home. Monday my friend Deb and her kids are coming over to hang out and help Isaiah with kids Deb is also blessing us with dinner that night! Tuesday evening our friends Doug and Diane are bringing pizza for dinner, and Thursday my friend Angela is blessing us with dinner! the rest of the time is yet to be scheduled. I am OK with it, this is exactly why I requested time to juggle!
In addition to making sure that the kiddos here at home are all covered I am trying to figure out activities to keep Elijah busy. He will have to stay in the bed the entire 72 hours unless he has to use the bathroom. That is a lot of hours to sit and do nothing. If anyone reading this has any great ideas to keep a 12 year old boy busy while stuck in a hospital bed for 72 hours please let me know!!
He plans to bring his bible quiz study book but lets be real here, he wont want to read that the entire time.
Here is my prayer request for this time:
1. that the children at home and with friends would be safe and well behaved
2. that Elijah would have a recordable seizure quickly so we can be discharged with the proper diagnosis and treatment plan
I have a tremendous amount of peace about this whole procedure and feel confident that the doctor will gather the correct information and we will be able to get this under control before School starts and before fall ball season gets underway. Once we have control over these episodes Elijah will feel more comfortable and confident.

No comments: