Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dominique

Its funny. I remember looking into that sweet little face and rubbing my cheek through his soft fluffy curls. I remember rocking him and whispering my dreams for his life into his little ear. Oh the dreams I had for him. When he was an infant my dreams were grand. The things he would accomplish in his lifetime. Those dreams seemed so far away when I was dreaming in the rocker.
As he grew through the years of his childhood my dreams for him also grew right along with him. I saw the world unfolding before his eyes. With each year in age more special gifts and talents emerged and my dreams for him soared. He would change the world. He would teach art to children. Or create a youth center. Or become a youth pastor. Or be a graphic designer. My heart swelled with the possibilities.
Now he is all grown up. He has achieved great success and, like all of us, he has made some mistakes. He is an amazing young man and I know that even though his dreams have not turned out to be completely the same as mine were for him. I am proud of the man he is growing into.
He is a man of his word, such an important trait to possess!
He is one of the most compassionate people I have ever known, he would go anywhere and do anything to help anyone in need.
He is amazing with children.
Talented in art and music. Creative. Courageous.
He is not afraid to chase his dreams.

No comments: