Friday, September 11, 2009

An interesting thing happened today.
The mail arrived and I ruffled through it and came across one pink envelope and one blue envelope. Both with hand writting that was foreign to me. I studied both for a moment and realized they were addressed to Jade Jones and Nicolis Jones. and my heart. skipped. a. beat. c/o Angela Albers. with me address. not my po box address but the real deal house address. and tucked in the upper left corner was the name of the kids biological mother.
my heart.
stopped.
beating.
while I pondered for a moment what could be inside and what would I do with it when I found out.
I opened Sam's first. a birthday card with a simple message written on the inside cover. with a promise to write again soon.
then I opened Amaris's. hers not only had the greeting but also an apology and a request for me to explain everything to her.
The first thing I thought was how thankful I am that we have been open and honest (on the level that the kids can understand). We celebrate their adoption. We celebrate the blessing they are. and we Pray for their biological family. daily.
I have allowed these thoughts to dance around in my mind all evening.
do I contact them?
do I ignore it?
do I read the cards to the kids?
do I tell the kids about them but not exactly read them?
do I just save the cards and wait until they are older to tell them?
I am not sure what I will do.
I will continue to pray about it and wait....until I know.

No comments: