Saturday, July 4, 2009

I just have to share this funny story.
Last Saturday was Joy and Luke's wedding. I as most of you know made all the mints and cakes for the blessed occasion.
As usual when I make cakes I enlist the help of my monsters to carry deliver hold etc the baked wonders I have created. So, last Saturday morning as I was finishing up the last minute touches of the wedding cake I ask my boys to go down to the freezer by Dominique's room and get the containers of mints I had made earlier in the week. Obediently they deliver the containers and we begin to load the van...and car of the goodies.
We arrived at the church unloaded and I began to set up the reception hall for the festivities that were to follow the wedding. I stood there thinking to myself...I thought I made more calla lillies I thought I had made 3 trays of roses and 2 of calla lillies. so I ran out and checked both vehicles to find nothing left over. I chalked it up to exhaustion and went about the day.
Fast forward to Thursday this week. I get a text from Joy...I didnt get any mints at my wedding...how sad...do you want me to make you some more? no thats ok.
Fast forward again...to this morning. I am standing downstairs looking for something in the freezer and what do I see up on the top shelf of the freezer??? yup! the missing tray of calla lillies!! So I wasnt crazy or suffering from exhaustion. I really did make 2 trays of them...I send Aunt Cindi a message and let her know the good news. Joy still has mints and they will be good for 3 months so even if Joy doesn't come home for a while they will be here waiting for her. I am not so sure she will want 150 calla lillies but....at lesat they have been found!

No comments: