Friday, July 3, 2009

Everyday I read this particular blog. Today there was a challenge on it to write your own interpretation of this quote on your own blog. ~Albert Camus~ Freedom is the chance to be better.
I have thought off and on today on these words. I googled Camus, having not recognized the name....found that I have known his words.
I tossed the word freedom around in my mind as I went about the usual Friday chores. What does freedom really mean?
I began by looking up the definition...
it can mean the idea of being free.
noun:the state of being free or act of liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint.
exemption from power and control of another.
unrestricted. unconfined. unfettered...
unfettered....I rolled that around my head a while while I settled the Burrito down for the night. unfettered. not sure why but I like that. so I looked that up too.
free from restraint. release from bonds.
So in order to be a better me...I have to become free. free and unfettered of the self imposed bonds that prevent me from being the best me I can be.
worry.
unforgiveness of self.
feelings of failure.
etc.
after pondering this line of thinking a bit. I realize it is true. One does need to become free of the bonds in their life that hold them back. I will be at the head of that line when it begins to form.
Taking this a step further...in order to be better I think one must do better. do better in the little things you notice that are hindering you. where are the roadblocks in my life? what stops me from being and doing better? Once I acknowledge them then I can deal with them.
I am going to continue to ponder this.

1 comment:

Truders said...

Thanks for sharing. This was great!