Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gramma and me



One day this week in the midst of the storms that have been clouding my heart I made time to visit with Gramma. I love Gramma. She is the most amazing woman I have ever met. Spending time with her was soothing to my aching heart.
At first when we discussed my coming she told me she wasnt feeling well and thought maybe a short visit would be best. We agreed that I would call from the parking lot and see if she was up to it. When I called she said "I am waiting on you young lady!" Of course I hogh tailed it right up to her room. Wher we sat. holding hands. talking. enjoying eachothers company. One of my favorite things about beiong with Gramma is there is never a need for words. We acn sit in each others presence and just "be". andknow that it is ok. No words are necessary. Before we knew it...3 hours had quickly passed us by and it was time for me to go so she could get to dinner. Reluctantly, I hugged her gently and kissed her cheek and went on my way. I wish I could find a way to bottle up the love and peace that lives within the walls of her heart and carry it with me always....

No comments: