Monday, August 18, 2008

Samuel's first day of Kindergarten

Samuel started his first day off with toast and apples with a glass of milk. Go figure! Out of anything in the world he could choose for breakfast, he chose toast!
I love this book! It is wonderful that the kindergarten teacher reads it to all the children on the first day!
Our school has a nice tradition of having the kindergarten children come to school for one hour with a parent on the first day of school, we take a tour, meet the teachers and other adults in the building, hear a story, write an all about me paper and color a picture. Then the second day of school is the first full day for the kindergartners. I love that!
Samuel had fun at school today, he was a little confused about the school supplies, he thought they were his to keep in his backpack and haul around all year...he was not very happy to give them up and made sure he let me know on the way home.
He told me, "well, today was a lot better than I expected!"
Good Sam I am glad....now what about tomorrow????

No comments: