Friday, June 27, 2008

Update on baby no name

When he arrived in our home January 30, he was 5 months old, 13 pounds and failure to thrive. I instantly fell head over heals in love with this sweet baby boy. Even Dominique, who swore if I brought any more children into this home he would run away, has fallen in love with the babe. Right along with everyone else.
Well folks, here is a testimony to what a little bit of loving and a lot of God's gentle touch in a little persons life can do to turn a situation around. Our babe is now 10 months old, I took him in today for a check up, he weighs 22 pounds now, you heard me...22!! He is still lagging a little behind others his age but the doctors are totally blown away with his progress. Those words brought such joy to my heart. When the little guy arrived he was so lethargic, and could not even hold his head up. Now, he is so full of life and even has developed a bit of an attitude. Yes, indeed he knows life is all about him. Some days it is more evident than others, that God in his infinite wisdom created me to be a mom. I may not be good at anything else but being a mom blesses my soul.

No comments: