Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An update of sorts.

The baby: we are now in the waiting phase of the appeal process. We should get the final word on adoption sometime in the next couple weeks.
Samuel: What a struggle. I have never had such a difficult time figuring out how to deal with attitude and behavior. I am beginning to wonder if there isn't something else going on with him that is interfering with his ability to obey. Maybe going to school in the fall will help. I have placed this issue in God's hands. I only hope he gives me some wisdom in this area before I lose what is left of my mind.
Amaris: The summer bug has surely bitten this sweet little one on the butt. I don't know where the bossy butt attitude came from. She has gotten a wee bit big for her britches lately. We are working on mouth issues and how to treat our brothers and sister.
Elijah: Just finished his base ball season. His team made it all the way to the tournament this year. They won their first tournament game and moved onto Saturday games. Unfortunately they lost that one. What a season they have had. His team has some good developing talent. The boys play really well together. He is struggling as the family 'informer' translation tattle tale. Ok, that drives me nuts. I am beginning to feel like Mrs. Piggle Wiggle searching for cures of these childhood ailments.
Isaiah: Had his last golf lesson of the season Monday night and will play in the tournament Thursday night. He has really enjoyed lessons this year. He also had VERY good news at the hospital in May. I know I have been awful at updating. I just have been in a deep funk lately and not felt like communicating with anyone in the last several months. I will try to get better.
NO SURGERY THIS SUMMER. YEAH! We are very excited about this. His cyst has stabilized so we will continue to monitor the situation as we have been and keep up with all his therapy, Dominique is so good at working with him. ALSO....Isaiah has actually grown 2 inches in the last year. A total miracle since the last we were told was a year ago and he was done growing. So, we get to wait. And this time folks....I am OK about the wait. All things considered, God is beginning a miracle healing in my boys body and I am believing for the completion of that miracle. Please believe with me and carry him to the throne when you pray.
Madison: Has had a rough start to her summer. However with our support and God's gentle hands upon her she will be OK. I wish I could tell all she has been through but....that would not be a good idea. Just pray for her, she has a long road of healing in front of her. But, the good news is her future is looking a bit brighter.
Dominique: Graduated....boohoo! Turned 18, got a tattoo, what else is there in life for a young man? But seriously, he is doing really well. Looking forward to college, Boo Hoo again! He and I just returned from an amazing trip back home to New Jersey. We had many good times and will cherish every moment shared with family and friends from a lifetime past. we stayed with my brother Nathan and his girlfriend Sun. It was so good to spend time with them too. The wedding was incredible. I hope to have some pictures soon.
The only bad thing I can think of from the entire trip is Sunday, my hip started bothering me again and today after flying it is really hurting alot. I do not want to go back to the doctor...shots??? I DON'T THINK SO!!! I will wait it out as long as possible before I call the old Doc!
That is the quick fast and in a hurry version of the update from here. Thanks for stopping by.
Pray.......

1 comment:

Adventures of Abby said...

glad to have you back!!!
Abby