Thursday, June 26, 2008

medals,tournaments, and awards

While I was in NJ,the kids received their awards in church. Samuel was made an Honor rainbow and received the Noah's Ark badge for scripture memory work. Elijah and Isaiah both received medals for Royal Ranger of the Year for their classes. All three boys have moved up to the next level class. New uniforms, new badges to earn, new verses to memorize. Amaris will be in her class one more year. Madison has 2 more in her class. So neither of the girls received awards this time around.
Also, while I was in NJ, Elijah had an award ceremony for baseball. All the boys on his team received a medal. Second place for the tournament is pretty good I think. He swears he will play for the Yankees one day....we will see. Funny thing about Elijah, Baseball is his 'first favorite' sport.
here is our conversation the day before I left for NJ.
mom: Elijah mommy is going to sign you up for flag football, you will play on Christian's team.
Elijah: oh
then he leaves and I hear him crying under Isaiah's bed.
mom: hey buddy why are you crying?
Elijah: I don't want to quit baseball to play football, baseball is my first favorite thing to do.
When I finally got him to understand that every sport has its own season he was quite happy to be signed up for football. Funny boy.
Tonight was the night for Isaiah's golf tournament but because of the heavy rains and storms we have been having for the past 24 hours it was postponed until Monday night.
This was a small relief to me because I am still not feeling well after my trip and sitting in a golf cart holding the baby cheering him on *(silently of course) was definitely not on my top 10 list for the day. I am sure I will feel better by Monday.

No comments: