Thursday, March 6, 2008

Suprise!!!


I have to share a funny story about Dominique.
Most of you know he was in an accident the day after Christmas and his car was totalled. He has been without wheels ever since, which as a mom has not been all that bad. I like it when he is home more. Anyway, we got some income tax money back and decided it was time to look for a car. My brother and Dominique went out a week ago and found a Blazer that he fell in love with, the guy sold it to someone else because they had 'cash in hand' and we did not. Sad does not begin to describe his mood. So they kept on looking and Sunday after church went out to drive a couple vehicles they found on Craigs list. He came home head over heels for this Intrigue. We told him we would think about it, call insurance, and pray and let him know.
Then Monday he decided to go to Iowa State University to visit and then off to MN for a concert, he planned on being home Wednesday afternoon. He called to ask what we decided about the car, I told him the guy sold it. BUMMER!
Hee Hee. The guy did sell it, to us! Scott got the registration and insurance taken care of on his lunch hour Tuesday and it was just sitting waiting for him to get home. I tried to get him to come early even pretended to be mad at him. He couldn't get a ride home until around 10pm.
I wish I had a video camera to tape the little dance he did in the driveway when he saw the car. He is so very happy! And I got to have some fun.
He told me I am mean to tell him the car sold it ruined his mood for the whole time he was gone. I think it was brilliant not to mention fun!