Thursday, March 27, 2008

change

change Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[cheynj] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, changed, chang·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.
Change is a funny thing, the weather changes in this fair state of ours in a matter of moments. This morning for example; we moved from rain to hail to sleet to snow and back again in a matter of 10 minutes, seriously! That is crazy! Weather changes often times are much easier to experience than life changes.
I am learning that you can not fight change, as much as we would like to fight it, change happens whether we are ready or not.
People change with age and experience. Time changes us in good ways and bad.
Times change. Who would have thought I'd Be then one saying, "When I was a kid..." When did that happen???
Our world around us changes.
Seasons change.
Some changes are life altering, some are painful, some cause great joy, and some tears.
I have to learn to embrace the changes as they come. I know this deep in the corners of my heart, but still I am not ready...I know as they come to be, I will experience every emotion known to man and some new ones no one has named yet. I am learning. Change happens....change is mostly good, change causes us to stretch out of our comfortable existence and experience new things. It may sometimes be painful, but always is a good teacher.
–verb (used without object)
to become different:
I guess that is the goal, change causes us to become different from what we have been. Hopefully we are wise enough and strong enough for the 'different' to be positive. And for that positive to have an impact on those around us.
Ready or not, my world is changing! I will embrace the change.....please pass the tissues!

No comments: