Saturday, June 27, 2015

Gods plans are greater
February 2015 we as a family decided to end our years as a foster family. Our daughter was struggling with motherhood we knew our hands would be full. We scheduled a meeting with out licensing agency and let them know of our plan. Our support worker asked us to think about it for 1 week. We agreed to do so but knew we would not change our minds. 
A few days later as I was driving to an important meeting for our daughter I received the first if 4 phone calls that would change our world....again.
We have a baby girl being discharged from the hospital would you consider placement?i explained our situation. And let her know that we would not take placement. The outcome of our meeting was not what any of us expected. When I listened to messages after the meeting there was another call about baby girl. I returned the call and let her know that we have too many kiddos and would not be able to take placement. 
I went on to the office to get some work done casually called Scott to let him know about the calls. I sensed hesitation in his voice but knew we were still set in our decision. The 3rd call came and I agreed to listen to details and let the placement agent know we would agree if the court signed a variance and if the DHS worker approved. I still believed full well that we were closing and not taking baby.
The last call came, DHS was excited to hear we were the identified family. We agreed to  take temporary placement while they continued to search for a medical home who could properly care for her.
That was February 26.... Today is June 27. Little miss is still with us. She is thriving and making amazing progress every day. We are head over heals in love with her. We take her to church or in the community and all who meet her are drawn to her . There is something special about this little one. She has changed hearts given hope and amazed us all. 
I am honored that God chose for me to be her temporary mama. I will love her well as long as I have her.
Please pray for her and her journey as it continues.....

No comments: