Friday, December 27, 2013

A letter to my boys.

Dear Son(s),
To my first born...It is hard to believe you have been with me for 23 years and 7 months. I want you to know some things. It is important for you to hear what has been written on my heart for you.
Even before you were born you had a special purpose. You brought light and hope into one of the darkest times of not only my life but your grandfathers as well. You were born with a certain peace about you, one that lives inside of you even today.
To My Isaiah. You were also born with a special purpose. You see you were the first connections that melted our 2 families into 1. Before you were born we were still 2 families living in one home when you were born you were a part of each of us. When you came into this world God used you to make us into a whole family. God has amazing plans for your life. You are a walking testimony of Gods faithfulness and love for all of us. Living proof that sometimes God's answer to prayer is Yes. You have far exceeded all expectations of the medical world. I am excited to see what He has planned for the future.
To my Elijah. Just thinking of your beginning brings tears to my eyes. hundreds of people all over the world prayed for your healing while you were still in the womb. We were prepared to love you in what ever condition you arrived, the outlook was not good. God had other plans and completed your healing before you were born. He has given you gifts and talents. use them to bring honor to Him.
To my Samuel. What a journey we have had. You amaze me with your talent and courage. God will bring great things to you if you remember to always follow Him.
To my Zephan. The obstacles you have hurdled and overcome in the short 6 years you have spent here on earth are nothing short of miraculous. You bring frustration and the greatest joy to my life. You have taught me much about love and patience. You are a beautiful child. Remember to always follow Jesus and He will direct your steps.
To my Thomas. Rescued for a purpose. When I look back over the journey we have shared. All I see is the amazing loving hand of God that has held you close every step of the way. He saved your life. He has plans for you that will blow away any plan I could dream up for you!
To my Jonah. I don't care what the doctors have said, you are brilliant, you are favored and you are loved. I refuse to place limitations on your life and future. I believe great blessings will come from you and to you in this life.
To my Jingles. I have known you 4 days. You already took up residence in my heart. I know these next few months will be tough. They will feel impossible and dark at times. I want you to know, I will pray over you every moment along the way. There are so many wonderful people praying for you and others fighting for you. I believe God will carry us through this first season together and in the end you will forever be with us, with your brothers.
My prayer for your lives has been and will always be that you will be world changers, peace makers.
Be proud of yourself, even if you’re different, because you were created with a unique purpose that requires you to be like no other. Be confident, be encouraging to others, be a part of  the journey another takes to find their purpose too. Be okay with failure, because it is through failure that you will learn some of life’s greatest lessons. Be kind and compassionate. Forgive. Always. Because holding onto grudges, hurt and pain breeds the same and You my Son were created for much more than these. Nothing good can be gained from being the opposite of these. Be faithful, as a friend and human being. Find a way to believe in something bigger than yourself, because the world is not about you, and just when you begin to think it is, the world will teach you a lesson. Be courageous. You my Son will need courage to walk through this life. I wish for you to not only walk through life but that you will do it with such courage that others will look to you to find their strength. Life is not easy and requires hard and sometimes scary work, I promise it will be worth it. Be thankful, because thankfulness creates joy and with joy comes contentment, life is intended to be enjoyed. Be an honest and loyal friend, who speaks the truth with love and stands firmly through the best and worst of times.

No comments: